Multnomah Falls is one of the most iconic places in the Pacific Northwest. Multnomah is one of the most visited natural recreation centres in the world with more than 2 million tourists visiting every year. It is a place that you can go to and enjoy the beauty and serenity of nature.
It is located in the heart of Portland, Oregon. It is a place that is surrounded by the Willamette River.
However, it is a place that is surrounded by the forest, which is full of wild animals ranging from bears to wolves. And this makes tourists wonder if Multnomah Falls can be visited without hiking.
This article will show you whether it is possible to visit Multnomah falls without hiking.
Let’s dig in
Can You See Multnomah Falls Without Hiking?
Multnomah Falls are spectacular, but can you see them without hiking to the top?
Hiking to Multnomah Falls can be an adventurous adventure, especially if you are on a weekend through the Cascade Mountains.
However, if you are looking to visit the falls without hiking, there are other means of transportation that you can use to get to Multnomah Falls. You could either take a bus or a car.
How Can I Reach Multnomah Falls By Car?
Getting to Multnomah Falls by car has to be the most convenient way to get to the falls. Not only will you be able to get there with ease, but you will also be able to enjoy the beauty of the waterfalls and the hiking trails that surrounds it.
When you get to portland, you could either take the historic Columbia River Highway or the 1-84 freeway. The historic Columbia River highway runs along the Columbia River and takes you directly to the Multnomah Falls.
However, it is important to note that this highway is only open during the summer months. And also, the parking lot at the Multnomah Falls is very limited to 186 cars. Once parked, the distance between the parking lot and the falls is only about a 10-minute walk.
- Reviews of 6+ Best Hiking Joggers and Factors to Consider
- Reviews of 8 Best Puffy Jackets for Backpacking & Guide
- The 10 Best Hiking Pants To Avoid Ticks In 2022
How To Reach Multnomah Falls By Bus?
Instead of fighting for limited parking space, you could take a bus to the Multnomah Falls. The best bus service is the Columbia gorge express bus.
The bus provides a convenient way to get to Multnomah Falls. The bus takes about 30 minutes to arrive at the falls from portland.
What Season Is The Best Time To Visit Multnomah Falls?
Because of the four different seasons in the area, Multnomah Falls in Oregon offers a range of activities all year. Winter brings snow and ice, while autumn brings flashes of orange and yellow in the form of changing leaves. Spring brings the first of the year’s flowers and the first of the year’s butterflies.
Although Multnomah Falls is beautiful in any season, the best time to come is in the spring, from April through June. Multnomah Falls’ enormous potential is demonstrated by the full, roaring waterfall created by the melting snow throughout the winter. The landscapes surrounding local hiking paths will be dotted with blooming white, yellow, and purple wildflowers. Despite the fact that the number of tourists increases in the spring, Multnomah Falls has fewer visitors.
July and August are, as expected, the hottest months of the year. It’s also the busiest season due to the school holidays. Multnomah Falls is just as beautiful in the summer, even though the water flow isn’t as forceful, because it never completely dries up. If you want to avoid the crowds and the heat, go early in the morning when visiting Multnomah Falls in the summer.
In general, you should expect crowds regardless of the season. Weekends and holidays always see a surge in visitors.
- 15 Best Hat for Hiking and How to Choose the Right One
- The 10 Best Electrolytes for Hiking and Backpacking In 2022
- 11 Best Glove Liners for Hiking, Extreme Cold & Quality
What To Know Before Visiting Multnomah Falls?
If you are planning to go visit Multnomah Falls, then you have to make sure that you are ready to take a lot of precautions to ensure that you do not get hurt.
However, before heading out, make sure that you are fully prepared. This useful checklist will help you to have a better experience.
These are useful tips to consider before visiting Multnomah falls:
- Wear Comfortable Shoes: The terrain of the falls is not exactly smooth and comfortable, so you should wear shoes that are comfortable enough to walk on uneven terrain.
- Bring Plenty of Water: Even though the falls are full of water, the water flow might be full of bacteria and other harmful microorganisms. So it’s always safe to go along with a bottle of water.
- Bring a Flashlight: Always take a flashlight with you when you visit Multnomah falls, because Of the dark and low visibility.
- Bring a Camera: Taking pictures of the falls is a great way to remember the experience for the rest of your life.
- Bring a First Aid Kit: always carry a first aid kit with you, in case you get hurt.
- Bring a Cell Phone: If you do not have a cell phone, you can always use a smartphone or a tablet.
- Bring a Hat: Even though the weather is usually pleasant, you should always bring a hat, Because it makes you feel more comfortable and warm.
- Wear Sunscreen: Even though the sun is usually nice, you should always wear sunscreen, Because it protects your skin from harmful UV rays.
- Wear Sunglasses: wear sunglasses when you go to Multnomah Falls, because of the bright light. This makes it easier for you to see the falls.
- Bring a Towel: Always bring a towel with you when you visit the falls because it makes you feel more comfortable. It also helps you to dry yourself after you go to the falls. Also, it helps you to protect your clothes from getting wet.
- Bring a Jacket: if you are going to Multnomah falls, you should always bring a jacket with You. it makes you feel more comfortable. It also helps you to protect your clothes from the Rain.
Do Hikers Frequent Multnomah Falls?
Multnomah Falls is a popular destination for hikers and mountain bikers, but it is often overlooked by tourists. The falls may be seen from the road, however, it is difficult to see them at times due to the low elevation.
Do Multnomah Falls Have a Lodge?
Yes, Multnomah Falls has a lodge, which is called the Multnomah lodge. It was constructed in 1925 and is located on the banks of the Multnomah River. It is a rustic lodge with a restaurant, a gift shop, a swimming pool, an espresso bar, and a gift shop.
The lodge is open daily from 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. and is open during the summer months from memorial day to labour day. It is also open from Thanksgiving day to Christmas day.
- The 9 Best Backpack for Hiking With Dog and Buying Guide
- 10 of the Best Epird for Hiking, Buying Guide & Features
- 8 Best Hiking Boots with Bunions for Men & Women In 2022
Multnomah Falls is every tourist’s dream filled with every beauty nature has to offer, but it also contains dangerous animals that could harm you. It is important to take necessary precautions before planning a trip there.
There are other means of getting to the fall asides from hiking, you could take a bus or a car. And also, there is a lodge on-site that offers many services.