With the growing popularity of camping, Eno Hammocks has been on almost every camper’s Instagram pictures. You would see pictures of different Eno Hammocks having various colors and sizes.
I’m sure you must have come across some of these pictures or even thought of buying one for your next camping. Are they good for backpacking? This article will tell you more if Eno Hammocks are good for backpacking.
Are ENO Hammocks Good For Backpacking?
Yes, ENO hammocks are good for backpacking because, they are lightweight and easy to carry, set up and remove. They are strong and can hold up to 400 pounds. They are soft and comfortable to sleep in. You wouldn’t have to worry about having a chain-link impression over your skin because they are made of nylon materials.
They are durable and can stretch properly without the material having to lose its integrity. The nylon taffeta material dries out fast in case it is being rained on.
If you haven’t purchased one, you should consider it because an ENO hammock comes with a two-year warranty. They are easy to manage and take care of and are machine washable.
What Are The Benefits Of Using ENO Hammocks?
There are different brands of hammocks on the market. When purchasing one you might be left confused as to what is the best choice. The Eagles Nest Outfitters also known as ENO Hammocks is a brand of hammocks which has gained quite some popularity. Some items are widely known due to them being more affordable than their competitors.
This is not the case for ENO hammocks, they are more pricey compared to other hammocks but it has gained wide acceptance. Below are some of the benefits of using ENO hammocks which are among the so many reasons that gave it a competitive advantage in the market.
- They are made of nylon taffeta material, which is soft, silk, and very comfortable to sleep in.
- The material is very lightweight and can be carried around or in a bag effortlessly.
- They are not hard to mount/set up and also when removing them.
- They are strong and durable, enough to carry 400 pounds.
- The company offers a one-time replacement offer. You also get a two-year warranty for any company default. You will get a refund or replacement when it’s their fault.
- The material is water resistant and can get dry easily when rained on. It is machine washable.
When you purchase an ENO hammock, you tend to enjoy all the above benefits which you might not get all in another brand.
Tips On How To Sleep In ENO Hammock
ENO hammock is made of soft material, and hanging in it is very comfortable. Their materials are durable and can stretch without losing their integrity. When mounting your ENO hammock, avoid pulling it too tight. Unlike the common misconception that your sleeping position will be flatter if you tighten your hammock which is not true.
If you tighten your hammock, you’ll end up squishing and not have a good night’s sleep. This is bad for your camping experience.
When hanging your ENO hammock, make it a bit slack, not too slack. It should be loose enough not to lay too flat, not too high, or too low.
Make sure your hammock is well mounted to avoid falling off. You can use a sleeping bag or pillow in your hammock. But it’s not a must because even without it, you can have a good night’s sleep and wake up bubbly the next day for more camp wonderful adventures and experiences.
What Are The Pros And Cons Of Using ENO Hammocks?
An ENO hammock has both pros and cons, here are some of those you might want to know before purchasing one.
- The quality of the material is excellent. They are made from nylon taffeta, can hold up to 400 pounds, and are lightweight.
- ENO takes pride in the quality of its products by providing a two-year warranty for any company default. They also offer a one-time replacement offer.
- It is very portable and comes in a compact sack. It is very easy to carry alone or in a backpack to school, hiking, or anywhere needed. It weighs 18 oz and the straps 13 oz.
- They are very easy to set up. With the ENO hammock, all you need are straps and carabiners to hook the straps to the tree.
- Setting them up is easy so is the removal process. You only have to stuff the hammock and straps into the stuff sacks and you are good to go.
- An ENO hammock cannot be used in cold climates.
- The nylon taffeta material used in making it doesn’t provide any warmth
- During winter, using an ENO hammock is extra tedious because you will need to add a sleeping bag or camping pillow. This causes extra weight when backpacking.
- Some ENO hammock users say it’s not comfortable for two people to use while some said it is possible but you’ll have to squish them together.
- Some users have complained about the color of items received is slightly different from the pictures on the website. Sometimes the color appears darker and at times lighter.
- ENO hammocks do not come with straps. They only come with carabiners, you’ll have to purchase straps separately.
- ENO hammocks are pricier compared to other competitive brands. Even without straps, the cost range for an ENO hammock is between $60-$100. Other brands’ cost is as low as $20.
When thinking of purchasing an ENO hammock, you can weigh the pros and cons and decide if it is the best fit for you.
Hammocks are one of the best ways to relax while camping. They prevent you from sleeping on the floor away from insects and bugs. To top it all sleeping in them is very comfortable. ENO hammock is made from quality materials and has good features.
And the company is confident in its product given the two-year warranty they provide. They are on the pricey side compared to other hammocks and come with only carabiners. Going by other features, they are definitely worth the price.